Maine 200 Scavenger Hunt is a photo scavenger hunt of historical locations in and around Windham designed to encourage families and individuals to discover local Maine history as part of the Maine Bicentennial.
How to Play:
- Teams must be two or more people, with at least one team member who is 18+ years of age. Families and groups of friends are welcome!
- Teams must register through Windham Parks & Recreation to be eligible for prizes.
- Photo checklists are available by clicking here or in the Windham Parks & Recreation office at Town Hall, and include Easy, Moderate, and Challenging locations.
- You must complete at least 2 items from each category. Completed items must be documented with a photograph of the team member(s) in that location.
- All photos must be taken in and around Windham.
- All photos must be submitted by Friday, February 28th, 2020. Photos may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered in person to the Parks & Recreation Office.
- Photo submissions will be displayed at the Bicentennial Tea on March 14, 2020, and 3 teams who complete the challenge will be selected at random to receive commemorative bicentennial prizes.
This is a free program — there is no entry fee!
Visit www.windhamhistorical.org for historical assistance if you are having trouble locating a specific item or clue.