79 Presumpscot Rd
Windham, ME 04062
Phone: (207) 893-2415
|Although we will do our best to provide lifeguard coverage during peak hours, we are unable to guarantee lifeguards will be on duty during your visit.
|Hours of Operation and Rates
May 23 - June 7 Open weekends from 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
June 8 - June 21 daily 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
June 22 - Aug. 9 daily 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Aug. 10 - Sept. 1 daily 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
September 7 Closing at 5:00 pm for the Season
2020 Daily Rates:
Windham Residents:$5.00/adult; $3.00/child (ages 2-11)
All Seniors (55+): $4.00 anytime
After 5:00 pm rates Adults $3.00/Kids FREE
2020 Annual Season Pass:
A season pass will allow you and all the people in your vehicle (15 passenger max.) for unlimited visits during the season. Passes can be purchased at the Parks & Recreation Office, at the park once it opens, or online (pick up sticker pass at office or Dundee Park if purchased online).
**NEW this season** Windham residents may request an additional pass for a household with multiple vehicles; non-residents may request a second pass at half price for a household with multiple vehicles (names and plate numbers will be recorded).
Windham Residents: $60
Windham Seniors: $40
Non-resident seniors: $55
Veterans & Military: - Same as senior rate (just show your military ID)
Dundee Park is a wonderful resource for the residents of Windham, particularly those with small children. The park has an attractive beach and picnic area with outdoor grills located in a picturesque and unspoiled site along the Presumpscot River. The sheltered spot and calm water make it an ideal spot for young children to play and swim and for neighbors to meet and socialize. Basketball and volleyball courts are also on the premises.
Park managers reside on the park grounds and are supported by a staff of park attendants and community volunteers. Please say hello and introduce yourselves to them. We will do our best to provide lifeguard coverage during peak hours, we are unable to guarantee lifeguards will be on duty during your visit. This is an added measure of security for park attendees and children, but of course should not replace the constant supervision of children by their parents. Experienced swimmers will enjoy the float for jumping and diving. For safety reasons, those wearing life jackets are not allowed to swim over their heads.
We are proud of our park and want to keep it beautiful and safe for all to enjoy! You can do your part by reading and obeying our rules. We also encourage you to let the staff know if you see any problems or have any suggestions. Your input is greatly appreciated in our continuing effort to improve Dundee Park.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to make a reservation.
- Must have 20+ people to make a reservation and to receive the $3 group rate, unless authorized by the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Reservations must be made 72 hours in advance to secure your reservation spot.
- Making a reservation request does not guarantee your reservation until approved by the parks and recreation department and the $60 deposit has been paid (for private groups).
Public Groups (rec. camps, group homes, etc.):
- $60 deposit is required when reservation request is approved is approved and must be paid within 72 hours in order to guarantee reservation (first 20 people are paid for with deposit and any additional will be $3 per person).
- Groups with more than 20 people; upon arrival the park attendant will hold a debit/credit card to pay off remaining balance. See park attendant when leaving the park to confirm group numbers, pay balance and return your card to you.
- Will be invoiced after visit.
FOR CANCELLATIONS CONTACT THE PARKS & RECREATION DEPARTMENT AT 892-1905(M-F) or DUNDEE PARK AT 893-2415 (S-S).
Reservation requests are now online!! Pick from one of our three Dundee reservation spots and begin the reservation process:
- Beach Pavilion
- Grove Pavilion
- Picnic Area
Basketballs, volleyballs, and horseshoes are available to borrow at no charge.
- Stand-up Paddleboard
Photo I.D. is required to rent or borrow all items.
NO SMOKING on the premises
For Your Safety, Please Do Not:
NO alcoholic beverages
NO unsupervised children under 12 years
While on the Float, Please Do Not:
- Bring glass containers to the beach
- Throw sand or rocks
- Feed or chase the ducks
- Chicken fight or rough-house
- Use foul language
- Bring boats into the swimming area
- Swim outside the buoy lines or hang on the buoys or lines
- Block the line of sight of the lifeguards with tents or umbrellas
- Leave trash or your belongings on the beach.
- Use regular diapers on your child in the water. Only swim diapers are allowed
- Turn your music up so loud that it disturbs other patrons
- Do flips, run or push off the float
- Swim to the float wearing a life jacket unless you have an adult with you
- Swim under the float - It is off limits!
- Block the ladder or jump off it.
- Bring non-wearable flotation devices onto the float
Parents are responsible for the supervision of their children at all times, even when lifeguards are on duty.
|User Agreement & Policies
Rain Date Policy:
- Follow all park guidelines and beach rules.
- Follow lifeguard and Dundee staff directions.
- Parents are responsible for the supervision of their children at all times, even when lifeguards are on duty.
- Although we will do our best to provide lifeguard coverage during peak hours, we are unable to guarantee lifeguards will be on duty during your visit.
- Please promptly leave Dundee Park at closing time.
- To cancel a reservation, contact the Parks and Recreation office at 892-1905 (M-F) or Dundee Park at 893-2415 (S-S).
- Public groups may pick 1 rain date for the season.
- Private user groups may be approved for a rain date on a case to case basis pending availability.
- For any cancellation call the Parks and Recreation office, M-F at 892-1905. During weekend reservation, for cancellations after 4pm call Dundee Park at 893-2415.
- Dundee will call user(s) if Dundee closes due to weather.
- Reservations cancelled by the user 72 hours before the reservation, 100% of the deposit will be refunded, minus the processing fee.
- Reservations cancelled (Dundee closed) due to weather or unforeseen circumstances, contact the Parks and Recreation office for refund or to reschedule reservation, 100% of the deposit will be refunded, minus the processing fee.
- Deposit refund cannot be guaranteed if user does not cancel 72 hours before reservation.
FROM NORTH WINDHAM
Take Route 302 South (at Routes 115, 35, 302 intersection). 0.3 mi
Right onto River Road (at the next set of lights). 2.4 mi
Right onto Presumpscot Road (1st right after the roundabout at Windham Center Road). 0.07 mi
FROM SOUTH WINDHAM:
Take River Road North from Route 202 Intersection 3.6mi
Left onto Presumpscot Road (last left before the roundabout). 0.07 mi
Straight on Presumpscot Road to end. Take a left on Dundee Park Road and follow to park.