Skip to content
Alert: Accepting applications for Dundee Park attendants - please inquire if interested!
Windham Parks and Recreation
How to Register
Proposed Comm Ctr
2019 Day Camp Info
For the best browsing experience, please upgrade to
IE 9 or greater
Skip to nav
Summerfest 2019 Parade Participation
This program is currently unavailable. Click
to view all of our current programs.
Parade begins @ 10:00am; Line-up @ 9:00am Rain or Shine
Line-up is at 9:00 a.m. on Lotts Drive and Route 202/302 at the Rotary.
The parade begins promptly at 10:00am. Approximate length of parade route is 1 mile. Parade route starts at Lotts Drive and continues along Route 202 to the Windham High School complex.
The intent and purpose of these specifications is to allow for the best parade while providing for safety and enjoyment of all participants. Variances from these specifications should be requested in writing to the Windham Summerfest Committee.Parade volunteers designated by yellow Summerfest t-shirts will check entries the day of the parade for valid driver’s license
and insurance. Motorized entries must be properly licensed, registered and inspected the day of the parade. All
entries will be inspected and must be declared in compliance with the Parade Specifications to join the parade. In the event that these specifications have not been met, we reserve the right to deny participation in the parade.
• Music and decoration is encouraged on floats and all entry participants.
This year’s theme is “Windham - We're a little bit Rock 'N Roll!", and the Summerfest mission is "Bringing Unity to the Community". Entries will be judged beginning at 9:30 am.
• Side rails and other adequate support must be provided on all floats that have riders.
• Float drivers view must not be obstructed.
• Safety chains must be used between towed units and the pulling vehicle.
• No sharp or pointed edges shall be exposed.
• If a sound system is used, all electrical circuits must be properly fused and grounded.
• No smoking, alcohol or use of prohibited drugs is allowed at any time during the parade.
• All float drivers must have a valid Maine driver’s license and be at least 21 years of age.
• Current insurance is required for all drivers and vehicles.
• Each entrant shall be responsible for the supervision of their unit before, during and after the parade. Safety for all float riders is the responsibility of each float sponsor or organizer.
• If children are participating, each entrant must provide adult supervision to accompany them throughout the parade.
• Domestic animals, such as horses, dogs, etc., on leashes, must provide a clean-up crew to walk behind their animals.
• Nothing may be thrown into the crowd—THIS MEANS NO CANDY. Items may be handed out by individuals
walking beside your unit along the parade route.
Entrants must maintain steady movement of parade, staying within 20 – 30 feet (2 car lengths) between each entry.
For more information about Summerfest Parade, contact Robin Mullins at
or call (207) 714-0335
* Adjustments and discounts will be applied during checkout if applicable. *
Return to Programs
View All Activities